CHOOSING THE PERFECT WEDDING CAKE…
One of the best parts of having a wedding is enjoying the food – what could be better than a meal shared with love? And, of course, that includes the cake!
Know you want a super special cake for your big day but not sure how to go about choosing it? We can help! We’ve been delighting brides and their guests with the most delicious creations for years. In fact, our wedding cakes are one of our signature servings!
Between social media ideas and bespoke creations, there are so many options when it comes to today’s wedding centrepiece…
The good news? It really is all about.. you!
No longer a case of a traditional white marzipan fruit cake, bridal couples are now free to choose what suits their style and their taste best.
So many factors come into play when it comes to choosing a cake for such a big event – from flavours to design to when and where it’s going to be cut and served.
A TASTE OF WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…
1. DISCUSS YOUR BUDGET: This might not be the most romantic tip of the day but it is the most practical. Wedding cakes range in price as much as they do in style. Discuss your budget for the cake with your caterer – are you going to splash out or would you prefer a simpler option with some more lavish desserts to round off the final part of the meal? Also decide when the cake will be cut and how it will be served. Will it be enjoyed as part of the main meal for all the guests to enjoy, reserved for just the bridal party (in which case it can be smaller), or sliced and sent home as part of the wedding favour (reducing that expense)?
2. ALIGN YOUR STYLE: In most cases, the cake is the star of the show when it comes to a wedding. That means it needs to align with the style and design on the day overall. Is the wedding inspired by a spring time floral romance or is it a more modern, party-time affair? Work with the overall wedding theme and let it hold sway over the style and look of the cake so that it both fits in and stands out.
3. FEEL FREE TO BE UNIQUE: There’s no need to stick to traditional options when it comes to your wedding cake. Don’t like fruit cake or fondant icing? Then don’t use it! The truth is, when it comes to getting married today, almost anything goes and the same can said for your cake. With your chosen theme / style in mind, experiment with your favourite flavours and explore different icing choices. From a sponge base to the icing (or no icing at all), there’s no saying you have to go with vanilla or chocolate (though those can be great too). How about praline and hazelnut, topped with chocolate mousse? Or a fresh lemon and mint sponge that’s as light as it is pretty? Whatever you go for, a taste test is a must to make sure the cake tastes as delicious as it looks.
4. THINK LOCATION: Are you tying the knot outside? On a beach? A sunny outdoor location, for example, will probably not pair well with butter icing. And an ice-cream cake might withstand an air-conditioned room but probably isn’t the best choice for a chilly winter celebration. See where we’re going with this? The location and the environment can have a look big impact on the look, taste, and ultimately the impact left (or not) by the cake.
5. SHOW IT OFF: Your beautiful cake will be on display before it is cut and served. And it’s only right that it’s shown off for all to see. Chat to your caterer and the venue about a suitable designated cake table – you’ll looking for size, shape and stability. And then have fun dressing it up with linens and some of your wedding flowers. And don’t forget to have a knife at the ready for the big moment.
LET FOOD MATTERS CREATE YOUR ‘SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL’…
As wedding cake experts, we will create the cake of your dreams. We are happy to offer our professional advice in terms of the style, design and make-up of your cake and we are confident that you and your guests will enjoy the finished product.
All of our cakes are made to the highest standards using the best ingredients available. Plus, we offer safe delivery to your event!
Weddings, birthday parties, corporate celebrations… We love what we do and nothing tops off a successful event like a cake made with love. Have a look at some of our clients’ favourites…