Christmas isn't Christmas without a Christmas pudding! This year Food Matters switches things up with a traditional Swedish Christmas Pudding to fill your Christmas Platter! In the Swedish tradition, whoever gets the whole almond is king or queen for the day. Try this deliciously easy recipe.
- 10ml gelatine slaked in 62ml cold water
- 500ml cream
- 90ml sugar
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 250ml cooked rice (the rice must be cooked but still firm to the bite –al dente)
- 100g nibbed almonds
- 1 blanched almond
- 100g red currant jelly
- 80ml raspberry jam
- 30ml triple sec
- 30ml lemon juice
- Melt the slaked gelatine in a bain marie
- Whip the cream with the sugar & vanilla until firm but still fluffy and add the melted gelatine
- Fold in the rice, nibbed almonds & whole blanched almond
- Pour the mixture into an oiled 1l mould, cover and leave to set overnight
- Melt the jams together gently, stir in the triple sec & lemon juice.
- Serve cold with the pudding and fresh berries.
*TIP* keep the bowl for whipping the cream in the freezer until you are ready to use it.
Watch this space for Boiled Fruit Cake for our next 4 days of Christmas festivities!