It's our final day of 4 Days of Christmas Festivities - And what better way than to end it with a luscious pear, almond and fruit mincemeat tart!
- 150g Sasko Cake Flour
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 150g Cold Butter
- 30ml Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 60ml Ice Cold Water
- Pinch of Salt
- 200g Butter
- 200g Powder Almonds
- 2 Omega Egg
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Sasko Flour
- 5ml Almond Essence
- 5 Foreli Pears, peeled, halved & acidulated
- 500g Fruit Mince Meat
- Sieve flour, salt and sugar into the magi mix add almonds.
- Add the butter (cut into cubes) and process until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Beat the egg yolk and water together and pour into the processor while it is running.
- Pulse until it comes together in a ball. Do not over process.
- Flatten and place in a plastic bag in the fridge for a least an hour.
- Roll pastry to line 28cm x 4cm round deep loose bottom quiche tin.
- Bake blind for 30 minutes at 200C
- Cream butter & caster sugar, gradually beat in eggs, add almond essence.
- Sieve flour and add almonds, lightly mix in.
- Spread fruit mince meat over pastry, put pears on top.
- And then spread creamed almond mixture over mincemeat & pears.
- Bake at 200C for 35 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with spiced mascopone & yoghurt.
- Mix together 125ml mascopone, 125ml vanilla yoghurt & 15ml spiced sugar – available at Food Matters Deli
We hope that you've enjoyed our Christmas Festivities and Catering Menu Ideas. Food Matters are always bountiful with them!
Have a blessedly happy and satisfyingly full tummied Christmas! With love from all of us at Food Matters.