Food Matters suggests a few ways in which to change it up a little for your Christmas meal this year!
With seemingly ever quickening haste, Christmas comes around, and suddenly you have to think Christmas dinner again whilst your plates from last year are still warm!
A good turkey recipe is always a winner and we are giving you a deboned version for simple, uncomplicated eating pleasure. Have fun making this!
DEBONED STUFFED TURKEY
- 1 deboned Turkey
- 100g Cranberries
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 100g Streaky Bacon
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 30g Butter
- 15ml Fresh Herbs, Parsley, Sage
- 100g Stale Bread Crumbs
- Marjoram & Thyme
- 500g Pork or Chicken Sausage Meat
- 100g Roasted Pecan Nuts
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp in a large frying pan.
- Remove bacon, add butter and fry the onion until soft, add the bread crumbs and fry until golden brown.
- Place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand until well blended.
- Stuff & truss turkey as per demonstration.
- Roast for 20 minutes per kilo at 180C.
Watch this space for our upcoming Swedish Christmas Pudding!
Allow Food Matters to suggest a little variation to the norm this year, but still keeping it 'Christmassy!'